About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, March 15, 2008

Can’t Get You Off Of My Mind

I drank seven gallons of cooled holy water
Turned up the AC cause the room was getting hotter and hotter
Prayed and fasted until my heart was too weak and numb
Rubbed Ben Gay on my soul until my tongue was dumb
Still the remedy I can never find
Cause I just can’t get you off of my mind
I got into a good book so deep
Watched movies until I was too wired to sleep
Danced in the mirror until my muscles went weak
Sang love songs to your picture until I could not speak
Got drunk off of dreams and bottle of red wine
Still can’t you get you off of my mind
I ate a whole strawberry cheesecake
Sat in the sauna until my dreams were baked
Jogged in the park until my legs fell off
Drew until the walls began to scoff
Stared at your cards until I went blind
Cause I can’t get you off of my mind
I wrote my thoughts on reams of paper
Rode taxis and trains and toured skyscrapers
Surfed the internet until my fingers bled
Repeated your words until the ceiling echoed what was said
Still the cure is never found and never kind
Cause I just can’t get you off of my mind

No comments: