About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Petrified Trees

Alone I walk as the leaves whisper underneath soulful feet
Petrified trees lean into each other impelled by the wind’s breath
My sullen soul shivers and contemplates a disdainful retreat
Surrounded by nakedness and the impaling hands of death
Alone my heart shutters to thoughts that invade my borders
Petrified trees dream of buds and the future seasons of fruit
My timorous spirit utters my dreams to reinforce the orders
Sustained by the rhythm of the fallen leaves and the beating roots
Alone my eyes look for the signs of hope the evidence of sight
Petrified trees hide in their hibernation offering no sap
My battered mind finds their bark as dangerous as their bite
Running and standing as fear and courage warily overlap
Alone I walk my ears can only hear the rustle of leaves and my pulse
Petrified trees murmur about the vision of this tumor
My frayed heart swaying with the branches on impulse
Enveloped by the echoes of silence and the wounds of rumors

No comments: