About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Prodigal 1


My soul stained by the red sweet wine
Time an echo on the borders of my past
Tracing the path the wrath of fellow swine
Yet a yearning in my heart darkness is cast
The river flowed and took my mind to the sky
Blurred reality numbed the aching in my brain
Air pungent with the vile smells of the sty
And the alcohol seeping through my thinned veins
A woman’s wink lured me far from my beliefs
Her arms a source of such pleasure yet such woe
Her kisses saturated my will but brought waves of grief
She wore a mask to confuse my heart to discern friend from foe
The hole in my pockets the voids in my heart
Have caused me to lose untold riches and all I treasured
What I thought was fun was actually tearing me apart
I sacrificed my all for brief spirits of pleasure


No comments: