About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Try Not To Forget These Words



Try not to forget these tender words spoken
Don't throw them in the air as a worthless token
For in them are both solace and alarms
Gifts of peace and destruction in my able arms
For in them are fins, wheels and wings
Crowns for the impoverished and humility for kings
For in them are arid deserts and cool seas
Granting of wishes and denial of sincere pleas
For in them are seeds and soil for birth and graves
Openness of a cleared field or the solitude of caves
Try not to dismiss these pregnant words sung
Don't cast them away like trash or flush them like dung
For in them are barren farms  and bounteous grain
Seasons of drought and skies full of rain
For in them are thoughts and souls exposed
A blossoming cactus and a fading brilliant rose
For in them are miracles and denial on streets
Baptizing wine for honorees and fools gold for thieves
For in them are sweat and blood in a sacrifice
For in them are the melody of death and life




2 comments:

Annette Jimerson said...

I Love this College, the balance the subjects are all perfectly in harmony as one piece...the lighting and shadows also are very well done!
also the poem is rich.

Sharry said...

Although I am not as artistic as many others on this site,I do understand the beauty and passion of artistic balance. I read "Try Not To Forget These Words" this morning, feeling a little low, and this poem brought to mind an essence of my spirit, enlightening as reading a proverb of life. Thanks and thanks for being my friend!