About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Uniquely Me



My life a sculpture that is being chiseled and shaped
Revealing more of my essence with each passing day
My vision of myself sometimes very different from what I am becoming
My will to stand still sometimes stronger than the one to keep running
There are times my mind struggles and lifts up perilous pleas
Days that I spend alone grovelling or praying on my knees
Yet the stronger I get I let go of more and more
I see parts of what shall be and once treasured pieces on the floor
The sound of the hammering deafening to my sensitive ears
Sanding and scrapping sometimes resulting in seasons of tears
But it is a cleansing a molding that i must endure
So that the real me thrives survives and is pure
I notice that there are parts more solid than some
Where my grasp is tighter and much more stubborn
And there there are minuscule sacrifices
That willingly I abandon these familiar vices
I am not sure in the end what for I will be
But I am sure that it will be uniquely me

No comments: