About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

The Shores of Our Love

Traced my footsteps to the point where my heart fell,

Waves eat my imprints on the saturated sand.

It still is easy to love you but hard to love you well,

Yet where the water takes my paths is hard to understand.

The rising sun glistened like freshly polished gold,

This message in the bottle tells of the story of you and me.

But sometimes the ocean can be so callous and cold,

Revealing that I am only a slave convinced he is free.

Every crest brings faint memories of us,

But like a sand castle that the waters have drowned.

The fine borders that separate the states of hate and love,

Have gently in the sand been written down.

Each crashing wave jumbles the words,

The picture becomes less and less clear.

Phrases like the grains of sand are mixed and stirred,

Yet the past comes and then disappears.

1 comment:

Byron D said...

I like this piece in it's entirety, however the last five lines really speak to me and the last line is a fitting end.
Byron D.