About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

These Emotions

These emotions shall attempt to rise,

Send waves of fire through my veins.

Their will to offer my heart a sacrifice,

Despite the pleas of my warring mind.

But the limits of my soul will not be defiled,

As these feelings reign and run wild.

These emotions that seek lofty paradise,

Grow like vines in the center if my eyes.

Excites my nerves with such bliss.

It still is engraved merely with a kiss,

But the border of my will remains strong,

As these feelings convince me that they aren’t wrong.

These emotions that swear they know my fate,

Condemn my reasoning with a groan.

They tell me I’ve gone too far that it is too late,

That my desires my future is not my own.

But the moat that surrounds my fort,

Will not surrender the yearnings of my heart

2 comments:

Byron D. said...

Grow like veins in the center if my eyes" is that supposed to be (of my eyes?)

George S. Williams said...

True enough...yet wanted to rhyme..creative rights