About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

On The Inside




There are times when I stand before you with my fences down
And I feel more naked then than if I had my clothes off
Your eyes stare through layers until the real me is found
Yet the viewing is not harsh or accusatory but gently and soft
My guards leave their posts and the vicious dogs rest
And I feel confident and unashamed to bare my all
Your soul searches my heart and is a welcomed guest
To visit to relax to waltz through my rooms and my vaults
There are times when the bridges over my moats are lowered for you
And I feel joy and peace knowing your presence is there
Your hands feel my thoughts and songs so true
As your voice and your tattoos are left everywhere
My infrared cameras are shut off the electric fences now safe
And I feel love and comfort both near and wide
Your thoughts travel into dark hidden caves
Yet my spirit rejoices that you are on the inside

No comments: