About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Monday, July 14, 2008

On Straight Street

My eyes turned toward the earth in deep dark conceit
Avoiding the glances from the crooked on Straight Street
There shadows make my soul stop and shiver
Their echoes make my rhythm silently quiver
My mouth is covered by this steel reinforced mask
I am lost in the world but for directions I will never ask
My glasses obscure the true outline of my wondering eyes
So I do look around their world without being recognized
My wealth is hidden so perhaps they won’t decide to mug
I walk tall and confident but not like the path of a thug
My mind swims in an ocean of dull but wavering concrete
Dancing in between rain drops on Straight Street
There clouds are opaque and sing with boisterous thunder
Their voices tear walls and weakened fences asunder
The sun is hid behind the long outstretched arms of vaulted trees
My thoughts like kites swimming in the hurricane breeze
I am uneasy in their world though you would never tell
My heart believes it is in heaven but my soul knows that this is hell
The long coat I wear covers the Achilles heal that I own
I only hope that my shoes can take me to my home
My dreams fade and die in the night incomplete
Dodging the piercing stares from the crooked on Straight Street
There buildings are masks to hide fear and sin
Their breath weights the air with bourbon and gin
Flowers never blossom and the grass is never green
Laughter is never heard and kindness is rarely seen
Their world is an innocuous germ my ears avoid
I have lost my peace my equilibrium annoyed
Hope to cross soon into my own neighborhood
Go from dark to light from evil to good

No comments: