About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Begin the Beguine

Here in this primordial abyss,
Somewhere in the gripes of pain and bliss,
My mind has begun the beguine,
And sentenced me to this cage that I am in.
Surrounded by a rose and lily fantasy,
But the barbed fence separating us is the reality.
Sentenced to smell the sweet succulent scent,
And view the bright colorful tint.
My senses so alive and inspired,
Soothed but also burnt by the fire.
So many adjectives , nouns, and verbs,
That must remain lost and unheard.
So many adventures into distant lands,
That must go unseen eternally banned.
So many songs and melodies sublime,
That will only ring in the corners of my mind.
So many textures that will remain unfelt,
No anecdote or prescription my heart lay unquelled.
So many boundaries and borders to cross,
But paths to them are well hid here remain I lost.
Thus I realize I am impelled to go,
To suffer a lost of a joy that I may never know,
And time will riddle my mind as it passes by,
Of eternal questions of who, what, when , and why.
So I bid adieu for my mind must part,
Blanketed with the past and current yearnings of my heart.
Fences erected and repaired mines once again laid,
In hopes that my visions and dreams and memories will one day fade.
So I sit here and wonder what could have possibly been,
And try to keep my mind from again beginning the beguine.

No comments: