About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Tomorrow She Weds


Memories echo things that were done even words said
For yesteryear we were lovers but tomorrow she weds
Emotions are confused my mind in futile disarray
Discontent where I am yet my heart reaches back to yesterday
Yesterdays where a word was priceless precious was her touch
A smile brought sunshine her laugh meant so much
All that I can do is to be happy for her and wish her well
Let life go on for her and keep her away from my private hell
Time may one day bury the feelings that swim through my head
For yesteryear we were lovers but tomorrow she weds
The poems the stories will be put on my heart’s shelf
Retreat into the safe corridors deep within my self
Maybe one day she will smile and forgive me
Though the logic the reasons she may never see
There are still spaces in my life that only she can fill
Past seems so far away yet the memories can charm me still
Pictures remind me of what once was and the longing is fed
Yesteryear we were lovers but tomorrow she weds

No comments: