About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

Complete


Though alone we stand we are still incomplete
For there are trophies that we would never compete
A tear of dew off of the awakening morning plants
Moisture to cool our comforting firm stance
And every night a flower lays dead on the field
Testimony of the day's secrets revealed
Your flesh in my hand in the closet your bones
A heart a mind though one I will never own
When my wishes are masked by the threat of pleasure
Bankrupt emotions search for the keys to your treasure
Deaf, dumb, and numb my heart lay still now
Only movement a droplet of sweat lingers on my brow
Desires real and they are mounting to excess
Though your heart and mind I will never possess
Thousands of feelings marching incessantly by
Quelling my heart to mount wings and ride in the sky
The sun fades and the land slowly darkens
Our hands part for the call of land and love we can not hearken
White flag raised our hearts march in a hurried retreat
Now we stand alone separate but still complete.

No comments: