About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, February 9, 2008

The Temptress

It was 3am and I found myself decomposing at the bar
Next to the mouth of this shadow with its pleasingly supple teeth
The gin had taken its affect as I swaggered to her car
Walking seemingly straight with her weak arms underneath
The seat swallowed me as she sped off into the night
My head bobbing to stay awake though my heart all ready was faint
Rain attacking the windshield was my last sight
Before coffee was before me along with this sinner/saint
The air was heavy with anticipation and compromise
Although my mind was altered my guard was wavering
I could still see the deception the calculated demise
Her lips were inviting but it was flesh they were savoring
Gin had traveled from my gut to my brain
Causing my muscles to ease transforming my vision
What was passed off as nonsense is suddenly appearing sane
My integrity my goals now tilting toward derision
What once was a smile now appears to be a grind
The shadow stares through the mask of my heart
Salivating in anticipation that a meal it will find
Her intention and plan from the very start
My heart races out of fear not out of desire
An escape must be found to free me
From going from the kettle into the fire
Or from the sinking boat into a raging sea
Her touch sends flesh and soul into a civil war
Both strong adversaries from years of treason
Both strong equally equipped with shields and swords
The soul wins the battle with true reason
6 am and my flesh and soul are still in tact
Though teeth marks are seen but no skin is broken
They all survived the temptress vile attack
The sunshine killed the will the shadow had spoken


No comments: