About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Friday, July 22, 2011

Before This Place

My innocence shined back in those days
Long before I began to comprehend this place
My heart free to feel my mind to contemplate thoughts
But now those liberties have come to naught
When I used to walk on the clouds above
On a path for miles to visit my first love
Long before my eyes were taught to see
The roads of despair the prangs of misery
Long before my mouth was prone to curse
The emotions that turned bad to worse
Long before my words were used to wound
The love that was destined to be pruned
How my heart longs to take a voyage back
And walk on that path that ancient track
Find the road that I took the wrong turn
And travel across bridges that were burned
My innocence shined back in those days
Long before I began to comprehend this place

No comments: