About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Towers of Love and Lust

My heart climbs the tower of Babel to your face,
Your eyes to see you lips to taste.
Dance with your sweet breath’s masquerade,
Dream of the nights where deep love was made.
Though the mirror may confuse my eyes,
My soul will not run or fall surprised.
But will be hypnotized by the melodic sound,
It is too far off the earth to plummet down.
My hands are numb from years of building,
My heart is numb for constantly feeling.
Yet the bruises are far worth more than any treasure,
Seeing you is the nucleus of my pleasure.
And here will my will die and turn to dust,
Blown ashes in the wind of both love and lust.
My flesh climbs this tower of Babel to your breasts,
Their sweet nectar to accompany my rest.
Fly with the warmth of the flaming fire,
Dreams of the days that fueled my desire.
Yet the shadows cannot swallow the sun,
Though my soul is tempted to run.
But will stand firm as the heaven’s hue,
Sitting on the rose petals silent as dew.
My hands are numb anxious for your tender touches,
My heart is numb for living on crutches.
Yet the pain is a sacrifice worthy to pay,
Even if my thoughts are meals for bird of prey.
And here will I die and turn to dust,
Blown ashes in the wind of both love and lust.

No comments: