About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

My Love

I cannot offer you roses or chocolate to embody my love
For my love is like the shadow cast by the sun
It disguises the things you hate both below and above
Darkens the wrinkles hides the blemishes others shun

I love you as a river that outgrows its banks
But floods the drought in the valleys and plains
It shields against the attacks from doubt on your flanks
Covering the mist of dire fragrances that disdain

I love you like my spirit needs to breathe
It is like the wind or the blossoms or the paths of seasons
My soul cannot exist without your sheathe

I love you like my heart cannot help but do
It is like a pulse or the sunrise or the pattern of oceans
My soul cannot survive without loving you

I cannot offer you diamonds or land to symbolize my love
For my love is like a wave caressing your shore
It washes the sands and shells that you are weary of
Consumes the footsteps and castles that your enemies adore

I love you as an orchard that yields fresh fruit
Covers the ground with many anxious seeds
It grows and is robust with rich deep roots
Dividing wisely the harvest between wants and needs

No comments: