About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Now That You Are Gone

These barren tears, they lie to await the budding dawn.
Kiss the ground to plant more seeds since you’ve gone.
The night brought with it shadows that mask and cover,
Reality that you are a parasite and not a lover.
To the wind to the sky I send this vaulted decree,
That none are as vile or wicked as thee.
Leaving me here my emotions vanquished and seething,
Most dead on the soil others barely breathing.
Deceived by your touch mesmerized by your words,
Entranced by the stories the lies my soul heard.
Leaving my mind my flesh hopelessly enchanted,
Luring me into the middle of your sea slanted.
These vacant tears that may one day evaporate,
Will rain once more if my soul would but wait.
When memories paint the portrait of this solved mystery,
It will shout the painful borders of our history.
To the sun and to the moon that looked on us from above,
I will confess what you showed me was a shadow of love.
Alone here my heart floundering on the ground,
Murdered and tortured by your soft touch and sweet sound.
Hypnotized by your dance and your abstract letters,
What was thought angel’s wings were displaced feathers.
So now you leave my swollen mind vacant,
Stories of our lives together only to be recanted.

No comments: