About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Dickotomy




She appeared in my life as both mercenary and fairy
Having the eyes of sinner and hands of a saint
With wings she cooled my erupting flesh
With words she conquered my no’s with a gentle yes
She appeared with a vision so beautiful yet scary
Possessing the power of turpentine and oil paint
With winds that caressed every thirsting nerve
She appeared in my life as both reality and ghost
Having the warmth of the sun and lightness of a rose petal
With wit to inspire my serious brain to laugh
With wiles to make me forfeit all that I have
She appeared as a parachute and parasite and I the host
Possessing a cloud’s softness and the cold strength of metal
With webs to entangle my thoughts and my will
With whims she had the desire to save and to kill

No comments: