About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Passing Ships Gentle Sips


She had eyes of salacious sapphire
They were as cool as ice yet burnt like fire
Her hair was like strands of sunlight
They would wrap themselves around me foretelling my plight
We met on a beach on a cloudy day
She hypnotized my will and swallowed everything I could say
There was little sun and yet there was no rain
The seas were calmed and the winds’ sighs were in vain
Our talk was not significant yet our words were stones
We built bridges and constructed what would be our home
We laughed and our armor and fences were unfurled
Our word dance made it a sunny delightful world
We talked about our baggage and journeys traveled
Our symphony made all defenses mute and unraveled
Time was short yet lasted an eternity
There were others around us yet we were solitary
We did not eat and did not drink
But we were fed by the things we would say or think
Although this jewel started with a gentle hi
A day like no other and would end with a simple bye

No comments: