About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

The Distance Between

So many waves that rise and fall between our touch
Millions of winds that blow between there and here
Yet your words shrink the distance by so much
Making it seem like I am there and you are so near
So many grains of sand that fill the chasm
Millions of grasslands that reach our horizons
Yet your voice erases the essence of them
Making it seem with every morning that you are my sun
So many peaks of mountains that lay in our path
Millions of dividing miles that separates us
Yet your warmth is my anecdote to loneliness’ wrath
Making my heart fall deeper follow deeper in love
My ears could not understand the language she spoke
But my soul was warmed by her every word
My mind could not comprehend any keystroke
But my heart knew the beauty and truth it heard
This foreign tongue whispered sweet things in my ear
Yet to this day not sure what was said
Just know that it was just what my soul needed to hear
And just what my heart needed to be fed

No comments: