About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

I Know She Will Never Be Mine


Her hair was silky and down to her rounded hips
She was a clear glass of sweet wine
That my heart had to stop and sip
Though I knew in my head she’d never be mine
She fed me fresh dew and exotic fruit
Her touch an elusive delight my soul had found
That resonated down to my very root
Yet like rain will only temporarily moisten my ground
Her eyes see my caves and into the shadows
She was a dark cloud pregnant with rain
That would baptize me and leave a rainbow
But only a memory that would be grasped in vain
Now my lips are dry and cracked
A desert now that her cool moisture I can’t find
My soul prays for her to come back
But I know she will never be mine

No comments: