About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

Mental Marathon

Emotionally my soul is bankrupt the care is now gone
Swift feet leave you in my mental marathon
Guilt and shame stuffed in the secure safes of my heart
Severing the ties between us forever apart
The distance increases exponentially between us
The colors the borders can no longer be determined by our lust
My soul in wounded retreat vanishes beyond the hills
Forgotten are the embraces and the midnight thrills
My feelings can no longer be your mat or your pawn
With lightening speed leave you in my mental marathon
Pressure and pain builds up inside the hedges of my brain
Exploding the exterior walls of my arteries and veins
My ears are closed to your pleas my eyes closed to our plight
The memories are clouded forgotten is our delight
My heart has become rock and is fortified behind a barbed fence
Immune to your words they become worthless penance
My essence is repulsed by your hideous song
Leaving at the speed of light leave you in my mental marathon
To get as far away from you as my feet will take me
Joining the winds to finally be at peace to fly free
Many miles and light years separate our emotions
Between us so many lands forests desserts and oceans
My thoughts are so far from you I can barely remember your name
Though the hurts the scars and tears still remain
The love the intrigue the concern is no eternally gone
With closure my soul leaves you on my mental marathon
Crystal, ruby, diamond, silver and gold
What payment method was used when my soul was sold?
Currency in coin dollar bill or other commodity
Was traded for my soul’s priceless property
Bonds or stocks or real estate
Was exchanged for entry into its worthy gates
Now bankrupt with no hope in sight
Void of loans void of any tunnel light

No comments: