About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

Fire in the Whole


On the edge and swiftly loosing control
As a result of fire being in the whole
Grenade thrown in the depths of my heart
Threats of its explosion ripping me apart
Mortal attack on my life sustaining organ
Ears to deaf to understand the enemy’s jargon
Ambushed by its relentless assault
Several dead many more wounded as a result
Evacuation the only choice to maintain the death toll
For she has dropped a bomb fire in the whole
Fierce battle numerous casualties on both sides of the war
But the refugees of feelings peace and joy they look for
Finding some they must survive in this barren land
No water or feasts or safe comfortable places to even stand
Homes destroyed along with live stock still live closely
A community of shattered dreams but dwelling in unity
No white flags flying my hope for a truce
POW captured surely will not point to the noose
Shattered heart and mind but sturdy stands my soul
Unscathed, unmarred and strong sensual tendencies aftermath of fire in the whole

No comments: