About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

I Wait


Have no combination or key to unlock the gates to your fences
But hope a word or two will relax your heart’s defenses
Dreams invade my nights foretelling of passion’s desire
Beyond the miles of ten feet high barbed wire
Flesh wounds will surely be worth the chance to invade
Any other counter measures assaults the risk will have to be weighed
Only the imaginative can touch the treasures that lay within
But your brave soldiers the borders fiercely defend
Here I stand in the rain and snow and sleet patiently await
For the day that you will greet me and open your gates
Red roses only offer condolences of sweet sorrow
But the sun’s intrusion says that things will be better tomorrow
Right now though the great star flickers so dim
And the blues is played for the flower’s requiem
My essence fades into the shadows like a silhouette
A faint black figure illuminated by the fall sunset
The cocoon caused my life to falter
Now mummified before the ethereal alter
Dream of tomorrow’s newly found oasis
Takes my soul thorough the night of joyous places
A diamond revealed amongst the miles of sand dunes
Foretells that dreams will come true very soon

No comments: