About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Sunday, December 2, 2007

How Did We Get Here?



We have been together for so long my eyes have begun to rust
These timid sparks used to be ravaging fire of love and lust
Passion used to rush through my veins so fast
Now they merely echo the dreams of the past
Her sight used to inspire my stomach to butterflies
Now the taste the touch is the bane of all that is despised
I used to find such joy lost in her locks of hair
Now each strand is s noose that kills my stare
Her hands used to be a source of such soothing peace
Now they only bring my soul to its knees
We have been together for so long my kisses are like a desert
The love that was such bliss now is a well of pain and hurt
These conversations that spanned all spectrums for so many hours
Now lay gray and dead like these once thriving flowers

No comments: