About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Dream Is In the Mirror

I began the journey faint of heart haunted by fear
Now the dream is staring back at me in the mirror
Afraid to take the first step our of the plane so high
Bombarded by what ifs my heart grows nigh
What if the parachute is faulty and I fall to the ground
No one to help me no one to hear my last sound
What if the wind throws me into the jet engine?
Will I die young and miss my years and my soul’s pension
What if I am blown into the depths of the sea?
Will I be rescued of will everyone forget about me.
What if there a helicopter spinning its blades below
That will slice and dice me she says as I fall ever so slow.
What if I take that first step and the parachute did not open wide
In fact instead of falling it took me to higher height in the sky
So now feet firmly on the ground I shed this joyful tear
For the dream that I once had is now staring back at me in the mirror

No comments: