About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Altered Winds

The wind changes direction and turns to ignore us
But the only enemies we have are those right before us
It is a clever ploy a brilliant disguise
We perform in from one another’s eyes
My glasses fog very much like my numbed brain
You say my words are the elements that keep you sane
But I believe my phrases are lonely the straps to your straight jacket
Just as your touch keeps my soul from making a racket
Your voice calms my weary seas but drowns my thoughts
Just as my scent covers your stench but still comes to naught
The ground shivers beneath our feet shaking our will
Determining which enemy will live and which will be killed
Both blind but knowing of the masks we wear
Sensitive to the weapons and weaknesses we share
Your contacts change your deep brown eyes to blue
A look I have never seen a facet I never knew
Yet I believe my visions have framed you into a nun
Just as my cross shields me from the evil I have done
Onlookers would swear we are two people in love
Yet the wind changes direction the earth quakes from what we think of

No comments: