About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Best Laid Plans

These best laid plans by this average man
Not on paper but written in blood, pencil and ink
These dreams and goals that only I can understand
Are a map of who I am and what I think
My feet must stay on the path to avoid complacency’s wrath
Time must be cherished and used to the fullest
My mind must be alert to calculate and do the math
And avoid the mundane the wasteful the foolish
These best laid plans to get to where X marks the spot
A journey over both land and sea
To obtain the treasures the riches sought
That is well hidden deep within me
My heart must be strong to weather the storm
Words will be daggers to threaten my progress
My soul must be firm to avoid the temptation of being the norm
And these best laid plans must never rest

No comments: