About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Just A Chip Off Of the Block


My father was a working man
Toiling past year seventy and five
Work perhaps the drug keeping him alive
If a man don’t work he should not eat
But also a man needed love and sleep
Yet in every picture he did not look tired
But would shine with twinkling eyes and wide smile
Though I think he was weary and often lonesome
Cause times when he was teary and would drift alone

I am a working man
Trying to carry my cross pull my load
Do the things that were learned and told
If a man don’t work he should not eat
But also a man needs love and peace
I find myself smiling in every photo
Yet the expressions only hide my tired soul
Sometimes I get weary and can’t catch my breath
Cause times I am teary and see my father and it scares me to death

No comments: