About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Rain Down On Me

My mind is bankrupt my emotions so in debt
You say you will give me a penny for my thoughts
My fields are bone dry you offer your clouds wet
And sweet cool breezes from your sacred vault
My flesh is dying far past the years of its prime
Your touch ignites fires forgotten so long ago
My rivers are still and stagnant from the dams of time
And you promise currents that will force the shore to let go
My soul is wrapped tightly in a bulletproof vest
You offer shields to protect from the dark’s arrows
My soil is overworked you speak words of rest
And order peace for the mission of my tomorrows
My ears are deaf from the vile boisterous sounds
You whisper a sweet melody
My dreams are lost you say they can once again be found
And offer a treasure map to me for free


No comments: