About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Good Morning

Swimming in between the shadows and light
Evening whispers gently sweet peace and good night
Consciousness disappears where darkness burst at the seams
Floating on clouds between sheets in the land of dreams
Time now an oasis made of circles and spheres
Hearing with my eyes and seeing with my ears
A stretch a roll a wink a yawn
With my next breath the pillow swallows me and I am gone
Flying over rivers of forgotten wishes
Dancing in the kitchen with silverware and dishes
Lost in the forest of faces from my past
Standing on a barren beach my shadow is cast
Falling from a cliff far above cloud seven
Drowning in the brilliant light from a warm heaven
Inhaling the sweetness of a blossom on mars
Kissing the gentle fruit of a wilting flower
Found in the valley of your thought
Skipping across seasons of comfort and draught
Running from the monster in door number four
Laughing at the expanding seams in the floor
The phone rings I answer it without opening my eyes
But there is no one on the other end of the line
Wonder if it was all just an occurrence the realm of a dream
Or was it genuinely the phone a real thing
Not knowing the answer fade into the welcoming sheets
Trying to take pause button off to repeat
Rivers are calling to me to join their swift current
Storms are yelling to me to dodge their fierce torrents
Oceans are whispering for me to trace their limits
Mountains are encouraging me to seek their summits
Caves are motioning for me to explore their cavity
Clouds are telling me to join them and defy gravity
But it is only one night and that one is almost over
It will take years to eventually all these stones uncover
The adventures the journeys disrupted by the alarm’s ring
A new day is birthed abruptly once again

No comments: