About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Chasms

Sometimes my past holds my future hostage
Dreams placed in chains in solitary confinement
Emotions left in an envelope with no postage
And constant cycles of growth and refinement
Sometimes my soul is fighting the same devils
Aspirations captured in familiar traps
Paths that keep me at the same levels
And disallow me to follow the detailed maps
Sometimes my heart holds on to its scars
Plans that are masked by yesterday’s words
Thoughts left starving dying behind bars
And my mind cowering from what it has heard
Sometimes the straight jacket of thoughts binds my mind
Visions that are too far for my reach
The path the sighs are too blurred to defines
And the chasms and walls to great to breach

No comments: