About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Crowded Night

The clouds were pregnant yet the moon was full
Ocean waves whispered to the ripples in the pool
The air was heavy the sounds echoed with might
But my soul was empty here on this crowded night
Thoughts so deep that my chest cannot inhale
Visions so clear but my eyes start to fail
There are explosions in my veins as if my mind was asleep
The dreams of yesterday trickle down to my feet
Trees wave their limbs touching their tender leaves
Raindrops fly as the evening sky begins to grieve
The water soaks my pride then my plight
But my soul is so dry here on this crowded night
The birds sing during the drizzle the thunder shatters the air
Beats of the rain in chorus with the frog’s blare
Dreams so oblique my ears have gone deaf
Darkness all around that all sensibility has left
There are no shapes to discern no colors to see
The songs ring deep in my heart’s melody
The sounds ebb and flow to the rhythm of the night
But my soul is so quiet here on this crowded silent night

No comments: