About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

The Shadows of Alone

The meal is bland the room is bare it’s so hard to eat
Hours preparing yet my tongue can’t perceive taste with the empty seat
Once the room was so full of love so full of joy
Now time only echoes a desperate ploy
Even the walls hold shadows of yesteryear
When we stared into one another’s eyes right here
The loneliness extends from my scalp to the soles of my feet
Here trying not to become depressed staring at this empty seat
Even the vilest of meals were a wonderful delicacy
When the empty seat was full of you and you were across from me
Even when there was no food and even no wine
It filled my soul just having you to dine
The darkness and into memories my heart retreats
So I cannot even view or fell this empty seat
But instead reflect on the meals spent by candlelight
Giving my soul my heart wings to take flight

No comments: