About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Saturday, January 19, 2008

Could Have Been Anyone (but wished it was you)

With the rain and fog it could have been anyone
The shape the hair the style the stride
Or perhaps it was just the elements having fun
Cause I wanted it to be you deep inside
Walked fast as possible through rivers and lakes
Soul soaked with tears that had been forgotten
The shadows that appeared to be you only a fake
My heart betrayed my vision forsaken
With the darkness it could have been anyone in the rain
Wished and hoped that it would have been you
So I could explain my hurt emptiness and pain
But perhaps the next shadow the next figure will be true
Running fast as I could away from the spot I was deceived
Tears vaulting faster than the spring down pour
Bankrupt emotions revolting and thick as thieves
The distress flowing through my veins to my core
With my state it could have been anyone
Dreams of seeing your smile your eyes once again
It perhaps was the pranksters that won
Cause only my tears replace the torrents of rain

No comments: