About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Conversation of Eyes

The world lay behind her eyes
Where joy peace and love reside
Her flesh her shape a hidden mystery
Yet her eyes became the world to me
Wide and brown smiling yet crying at the same time
Their beauty their ambiguity still echoes in my mind
Their delightful song did not force me to redefine
Nor did it order my soul to make her eyes my shrine
There were no words no touch to communicate
Yet we spoke for hours tempting fate
My heart was captured my emotions her nervous guest
My mind the weary invader from the far west
Her pulse her blink that matched the timing of my breath
Was unsure if she desired me or hoped for my death
Could no see the hidden expressions that were on her face
My thoughts naked my blushes open to her gaze
Covered hands could not determine if she was rich or poor
Yet just her eyes made my fantasies soar
Did not know if she was married or free
Or if she could speak my language easily
My eyes tried to say all that I felt inside
She just stared, winked and took my soul for a ride



1 comment:

AIRLINE727 said...

AJ - your work will always amaze me. Eyes are the windows of a persons soul they say.
~N