About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Monday, January 21, 2008

The Haunting Distance




I can fill the distance between us
With dreams and hopes for tomorrow
The sunset spurns peace and lust
To fill the voids of loneliness and sorrow
I can feel your thoughts from afar
Weary hands holding onto fragile threads
Hearts wishing on a falling star
Wish we were with each other instead
I stare from the mountain peak
Over lonely valleys and dark mysteries
Listening to the trees gently sway and speak
But none whisper what will bring you to me
I change colors with the dying fall leaves
Looking across the beckoning waves of the seas
Watching the quilt of life that time weaves
But the blanket cannot warm the core of me
I can fill the spaces you were once in
With writings and art from yesterday
The sunrise highlights steps where we’ve been
To fill the chasms of trails and highways
I can feel your hurts from here
Weary soul seeking peaceful rest
Hearts looking back over the years
Traveling the world’s south to north and east to west

No comments: