About The Blog

Arthor Journer is my pen name.
"Arthor" comprises "art" + "Author" while "Journer" defines the journey that I was on and continue to travel.
In this blog is the emotional byproduct of this journey.

"Rites of Art" is the title because it is my "writes" of passage.

Monday, January 21, 2008

Everything Is Not As It Seems

When my mouth is closed don’t mean I ain’t got nothin’ to say
When my knees don’t bow don’t mean I don’t know how to pray
When my eyes is closed don’t mean I’m asleep
When my language is black don’t mean I can’t get deep
When my wallet is empty don’t mean that I’m poor
When my wings are hidden don’t mean I can’t soar
When my heart is silent don’t mean that I’m dead
When my feet are still don’t mean I’m afraid
When my mind is confused don’t mean I don’t know the way
When my mouth is closed don’t mean I ain’t got nothing to say
When my brain can’t calculate don’t mean I don’t know math
When my hands are peaceful don’t mean they can’t impose wrath
When my ears are covered done mean that I can’t hear
When my soul shivers don’t mean I’m distraught with fear
When my world is black and white don’t mean I can’t see hues
When my will is worn don’t mean that I can be abused
When my mind focuses on tomorrow don’t mean I forgot yesterday
When my mouth is closed don’t mean I ain’t got nothin’ to say

No comments: